In Nanning (with Technical Difficulties)  

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hey Everyone! Just arrived in Nanning a few hours ago and have just gotten back from Jared's favorite meal so far (Pizza Hut). Actually we had it last night for dinner as well, but 2 in a row's fine! Not sure if I can post any pictures tonight because we seem to have an internet connection the speed of dial-up and I'm too tired to sit here and wait for it!

Tomorrow's Gotcha Day!! We're going to Wal-Mart in the morning to get water and snacks and such and to the Civil Affairs office at 3:00; so by dinner time tomorrow we'll have our little man! I can hardly believe it's finally time...I cried when our plane touched down in his province this evening because I knew we weren't just sightseeing anymore--we had a far greater purpose and were finally just a few miles and a few hours from our son! We feel so blessed to be where we are doing what we're doing...God has lead us (and carried us) to this place and in just a few short hours, we will be the proud parents of a bouncing (and hopefully happy) toddler boy!

On our way to the airport this morning, our new friends, the Hales family from North Carolina, were pleasantly surprised to find out that their Gotcha was happening as soon as they arrived in their province this afternoon instead of tomorrow! Don't know if that would have been better or worse! No time to fret and worry as I'm sure I'll be doing all night tonight and until 3 tomorrow, but at the same time, it was quite a shock to know they were suddenly on a 5 hour countdown. Please join me in lifting them up and praying for a peaceful transition and a quick and strong bond between this precious family and their new daughter. (We'll meet back up with them in Guangzhou, so I'll let you know how it's going)

Did I mention we were the ONLY caucasians on the plane from Beijing to Nanning? Beijing is such an international city and having just hosted the Olympics, it was not unusual to see us foreigners around town...hardly got a second glance, but here in much smaller Nanning (only 6 million to BJ's 17 million), we're a bit less common and have gotten quite a few stares (and points and giggles). It's kind of odd, but not unsettling...we'll manage just fine and put on our friendliest smiles (and hopefully shine a light in what is probably a dark place)

Time for bed for me!! I need some sleep tonight to prepare for our life-changing day tomorrow; I've yet to have more than about 3 or 4 hours each night since Tuesday, so I'm due for a full night (some Tylenol pm might help with that, too...I think I might try some tonight!)

I'll do my best to post pictures of Gotcha...pray that this connection starts behaving properly (I've also been promising A & E that we can video call each day and they'll be able to see G on the computer...so a good connection is critical for that!) Good night and many blessing to you ~ d

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


5 comments: to “ In Nanning (with Technical Difficulties)

  • Jerry
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 at 2:25:00 PM EST  

    Doreen,

    I've enjoyed your photos and stories each day. I'll be praying for G that he will adjust easily to his new family... as hearts from two sides of the world begin to bond.

    Jerry Brown

  • The Gang's Momma!
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 at 3:08:00 PM EST  

    Oh, thanks for the update again! I'm so happy for you all - can't wait till you can post pics of your little guy with his new family. Blessings to you all.

  • quilt'n-mama
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 at 5:35:00 PM EST  

    Praying for you my friend... can't wait until tomorrow!!!
    Gayly

  • Waitingfaithfully
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 at 6:10:00 PM EST  

    Doreen,

    Thinking of you with such a flutter in my heart, knowing that you are within hours of your sweet little man. Oh what a day it'll be!

    Lord, please be with this family as they are united today in China. Be with Doreen and give her wisdom with G. Bless G's little heart Lord, and give him a peace that only you can give-- through this time of great loss and even greater gain for G. I thank you Lord that you are in the midst of them, and that you are about to put another orphan into a family! In Jesus name, Amen!

    Praying for the technical difficulties as well.

    Counting down to G. in Texas~

    Love,

    Tina

  • Ladyblog
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 at 9:37:00 PM EST  

    D! I am anxiously awaiting your post with pics of the little guy! I can't wait..... praying for him to have a smooth transition. I may not sleep until I see those pics!!!
    ~R

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster