There Will Be A Day (but it's not today)  

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

There's a relatively new song on Christian radio by Jeremy Camp called 'There Will Be A Day' that has TOTALLY been ministering to me in my struggle to wait patiently. (I'm doing much better at that, by the way--thanks for your prayers and God's strength giving me peace!)

The song is clearly about someday being with Jesus, but in this day and in this pain of waiting to be with my child, the following verse has been a soothing balm to my raw soul....


I know the journey seems so long
You feel you’re walking on your own
But there has never been a step
Where you’ve walked out all alone
Troubled soul don’t lose your heart
Cause joy and peace he brings
And the beauty that’s in store
Outweighs the hurt of life’s sting


Is that not soooo beautiful? It is to me! It renews my confidence to know that I won't be waiting forever--I'm not waiting alone--And the end result will be worth it all (Yes, I know, we knew that already, but it still helps to hear it sung so beautifully)


It goes on to say:

But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering

There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more,
we’ll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we’ll hold on to you always



Still waiting (patiently!! I think I can say that confidently) Blessings, D


I can't find a video version that I like to embed from Youtube, but click here to link to the song with a still picture (can't embed it, though!)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 comments: to “ There Will Be A Day (but it's not today)

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster