No News is...well...no news :-(  

Friday, September 12, 2008

Okay so I'm not saying 'no news is good news'....but it's not bad news either...just 'no news'!!


Today was G's 3rd birthday and I was soooo hoping and praying to receive approval from China today, but, alas...nothing. I was really pretty bummed out this afternoon--really feeling disappointed and just, well, deflated, but God and I had a little talk and while I don't particulary care for His timing at the moment, it doesn't change the fact that I TRUST Him to be right on time. At a moment that I felt so sad and discouraged today, God gently reminded me that "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up on wings like eagles; they shall run and not grow weary, walk and not faint" Isaiah 40-31,32. This is the verse that God had already given me as G's life verse as he is facing a lifelong illness and will certainly need God's strength, but today in my weakness, I claimed it for myself, too!! (Funny how much better I felt when I did that!) Later in the day, I was walking down the hall at work and the heel of my shoe came loose and I thought "It's just one of those days"...to which God immediately replied, "Yes, child, it IS one of those days...it is a day that I have made and you shall rejoice and be glad in it!!" Yes, Lord--good point! I rejoice that even though I didn't get the news I wanted, I know it will come at the perfect time that you have ordained; even though I have some strange medical symptoms (see below), I still have breath for another day; even though G is on the other side of the world and I can't hold him on his birthday, I know his Father is holding him for me and this is the last birthday he will spend without us....Yes, I believe I will rejoice and be glad in it.....

We had some family and friends over this evening to rejoice and be glad it was G's birthday and even had our first 'Chinese' birthday cake (thanks to a friend at work who happened to be in the neighborhood of the nearest Chinese bakery about 100 miles away earlier in the week and picked it up for me). Here's a few pics of the cake and my precious children (all 4 of them!) This is the day that the Lord has made--I pray you, too, will rejoice and be glad in it!! Blessings, D

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 comments: to “ No News is...well...no news :-(

  • Stonefox
    Saturday, September 13, 2008 at 1:42:00 AM EDT  

    I was hoping too! The birthday cake and party with his picture in the background...that was bittersweet. I hope the news comes soon! Thinking of you guys!

  • Chanan, Rachael and Hope
    Saturday, September 13, 2008 at 9:41:00 AM EDT  

    Happy 3rd Birthday Gabriel...
    In Hebrew your name means "God is my strength" We can see in your beautiful eyes the strength of the Lord upon your spirit. You have an awesome family waiting to receive you into their arms. We all can't wait to get our arms around you!!! Soon Soon and very Soon!
    Exodus 15:2
    The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

    Exodus 15:13
    "In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling.

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster