Birthday Pics!! (and finally a SMILE!)  

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I was quite pleasantly surprised to receive pictures of G's birthday party from China today! What a blessing!




I sent a birthday package a couple weeks ago with plates/napkins/balloons and goodie bags for a few children and a gift box for G and the orphanage had a cake and my package delivered to G's foster family's home on his birthday. Looks like they had quite a spread with apples and eggs, maybe? The orphanage didn't send any names or details with the pictures, so I honestly don't know if the children at the party are from the orphanage or from the neighborhood or are maybe cousins of the foster family (maybe a new foster sibling since G's little foster sister was adopted a few months ago) ?? I think the teenage/young adult boy and two girls are the foster mom's biological children and the older woman is the foster father's mother. (I don't see the foster father in any of the pics...he must be taking them) At any rate, it looks like they had a wonderful time with a HUGE, beautiful cake and FINALLY I have a picture of my boy smiling (he's actually smiling so hard he's very squinty eyed and showing ALL his teeth, but that must mean he REALLY loved his birthday party :-)




His foster mom is wonderful about using and showing the things we have already sent him...one of the pics has a little phone toy that I sent in his first package back in March; he starts out on party day in the green and blue outfit I sent back in May and she dresses him for the party in the outfit that was in his birthday package...very sweet (now if only I can remember what size outfits I've been sending him, I'll know what to take when we travel--I think they've been 24 months and 2T's ?? I can't believe I don't know that)


Here's the best news of all--along with the photos, the orphanage director (or assistant, maybe) sent his recent measurements (28.67 lbs and 34.76 inches tall) AND she said his last transfusion was June 1!!! It's September and he looks pretty good in the pics; maybe a bit pale, but pretty healthy. If that date is correct and he hasn't needed a transfusion in 3 months, that's VERY GOOD NEWS!! We were thinking he may have needed them monthly (and in all reality they may not be giving them as often as needed, but, still...I'm pleased with the report and the fact that he looks good)



Oh how I long to hold my child....I pray it won't be long now...but these pics will hold me over for a little while longer until God decides it is time.

Love~~D

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 comments: to “ Birthday Pics!! (and finally a SMILE!)

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster