Strength is Rising....  

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We're coming up on a month since our LOA arrived and have been waiting (patiently--YAY!) for our Travel Approval. There's this urgent anticipation bubbling up in my soul that our news is close....VERY CLOSE. I awoke this morning to one of my favorite songs playing on my alarm clock and thought it very appropriate as it has been a tremendous source of strength to me over the past many months. (You can listen to it here--Lincoln Brewster's 'Everlasting God') The song is based on Isaiah 40:28-31 (Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord), which I shared with you a few months ago as both the verse God gave me as G's 'life verse' and which I had also claimed for myself to give me strength to wait...It's precious to me. So...it was playing this morning when I awoke. What a beautiful message and I pray that it is a sign of good news soon to come!

I'd love if you'd join me in the prayer that our Travel Approval (TA) has been completed and is on it's way to our agency. One of the other families we will be traveling with NEEDS to finish the trip by March 10 because her Home Study is expiring. If we can get a US Consulate Appointment (CA) by March 9, then she will not have to spend the extraordinary effort or expense to renew this document. We need to receive our TAs this week in order to request the CA and to give our agency time to make our travel arrangements and get us to China around the 24th of this month (just 2 weeks from today) so that we can finish the process prior by 3/9. God is mighty and this would certainly be a walk in the park for Him to accomplish--I pray that it is within His will to allow it to happen and that the evil one would be bound and prohibited from messing with our files.

Please continue to pray for G--that he would be patient as he also waits (we've been told that he is excited about getting a new family and that he continues to ask when we are coming; so even at 3, he's not exempt from the pain of the wait) and also pray that God would continue to prepare his heart for this transition.

Thanks for your continued prayers and support...Soon, dear friends, SOON we will be united with our son! Love, D

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 comments: to “ Strength is Rising....

  • Waitingfaithfully
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 2:06:00 PM EST  

    Doreen,

    That TA has got to be on its way! I have been thinking about you, and was about to send you an email to check on you, and then your new post popped up on my blog roll! So good to hear from you!

    I love the song Everlasting God, and what a perfect way for the Lord to wake you up this morning! :) Praying for the arrivals of your TAs this week, and especially that the other family would not have to renew their homestudy. He is ABLE!

    I remembered this morning that I gave you a blog Friendship Award last week, but I never notified you--don't feel obligated to pass it on (lots of work involved), but do come see it when you get a minute . . . and retrieve it for your blog!

    Gotta run! I'm watching for news and waiting faithfully with you! Praying for your little G as he waits.

    Hugs~

    Tina

  • Sarah
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 4:47:00 PM EST  

    God absolutely IS mighty. I will pray for your quick TA.
    Blessings,
    SArah

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster