We Have Sentences!  

Monday, April 6, 2009

"Wait a minute!" (used most frequently by us at the dinner table as he is a very IMPATIENT eater and now he's repeating it mostly to his siblings) and "Let me see it!" (popular when we have the camera in our hands)

The most common question I've been getting has been some form of "Does he speak English" or "How are you communicating with him?" Well, short answer, he spoke not a single word of English on March 2. Since then, he's probably added a word to his vocabulary each day...So 20-40 words might be a generous estimate although he understands MANY more words and phrases than he is saying.

Some of the words he says without prompting: mama (that's Chinese and English, so it counts), his name (sounds like three distinct sylables without the R...very cute), his siblings' names, potty, eat, more, doggie, get away and go away (spoken to the doggies--technically, I guess those were his first sentences), backpack, grapes, train, airplane, car (although all vehicles first get a very loud and excited announcement in Chinese...followed up in English), thank you, sorry, amen (he LOVES to pray over our meals...amen is the only word we understand, but he usually has ALOT to say...God's multi-lingual, I guess actually omni-lingual, so it's ok!), jump (he loves the trampoline), coffee...

I promised pictures last post and I did actually download some to the laptop yesterday, but, alas, I'm not on the laptop, so I'll add them soon....I promise! :-) Just wanted to give you that language update while I was thinking about it.

Much love, d

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 comments: to “ We Have Sentences!

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster